In the process I apt-get installed:
- openjdk-6-jdk (may be I'll remove soon)
Then I downloaded the netbeans installation script from netbeans.org, and I run it as root to get netbeans installed in /opt/netbeans.
I downloaded the Sun Java Wirless Toolkit v2.5.2 (since the 3.0 does not run on linux).
I run the script, installing in /opt/j2me.
Unfortunately the 2.5.2 is targetted to IA32 (aka i386 machines), and I'm the proud owner of a AMD 64 Debian.
This is why I had to install ia32-sun-java6-bin and ia32-libs-gtk.
To get the mobile emulator up and running I had cd /opt/j2me/bin and edit the script listed by file /opt/j2me/bin/*|grep "POSIX shell":
In each I replaced javapathtowtk=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/ with /usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun/bin/.
In emulator I had to add also export GTK_PATH="/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0" and export GTK_MODULES="" just after that.
Than I started to develop J2ME applications.
Well... No I'll go to sleep.